For additional patient counseling regarding prenatal screening and/or family history, please contact Medical Genetics:
Prenatal Referral Centre
Provincial Medical Genetics Program
BC Women's Hospital & Health Centre
Referral Form (print, then fill out manually) or Fillable Referral Form (download, fill out on the computer, then print).
Department of Medical Genetics
Victoria General Hospital
Patients must be referred to Medical Genetics by their health care provider. Both Medical Genetics departments offer face-to-face counselling and possibly (but limited) telehealth counselling for those unable to travel. Telephone counselling is possible if telehealth is not available.
To ensure timely processing of referrals, please fax the completed referral form and all available records to the appropriate Medical Genetics clinic:
- any prenatal screen results (ie. NT, Quad/SIPS/IPS, first trimester screen)
- all obstetrical ultrasounds done in this pregnancy
- antenatal record part 1 & 2
- blood type report from Canadian Blood Services
- hematology panel, any thalassemia investigations
- any relevant consultations and other reports