Registration instructions for the Online FHS Instructor Portal are as follows:
- Obtain Institutional Support from your organization to support you in the role of FHS Instructor. Facilities that provide support, must support Obstetrical services and/or identify as an educational institution which facilitates FHS education in Canada as part of a recognized educational program (diploma, degree or certification etc.). Midwives ideally will gain support from their midwifery practice groups as well as one of the institutions in which they have privileges at (co-signed letter of support to facilitate integration of Midwife FHS Instructors in interprofessional hospital FHS Education). Click here for the Letter of Support that must completed, signed and submitted with your application for registration with the Instructor Portal.
- Submit proof of successful completion of the C FHS SC Online Exam in the last 12 months. If you have not completed the exam, you will have access to the exam as a part of your Instructor Registration Fee (you will be prompted during your registration to either upload your certificate of successful completion, or will be prompted to complete the exam).
- Submit a completed online application through the University of British Columbia Continuing Professional Development (UBC CPD) here:
- Submit payment for access using a valid credit card.
- Await confirmation of your application acceptance.
Please note, in some instances, you may obtain access and then experience a hold on your portal account. The provincial representatives of the C FHS SC will work to resolve any hold as soon as possible, you should have access to your account within 5 business days if a hold has occurred.
In some cases applications may be withdrawn and a refund will be issued. If this happens to you and you are confident you meet all of the requirements to register as a FHS Instructor you can contact the C FHS SC by emailing Lauren Rivard, Janet Walker or Heather Ezurike at CFHSSC@gmail.com
with the title in the subject line as DISPUTE.