The Perinatal and Newborn Health Hub is an online, clinical resource hub designed specifically for perinatal and newborn health professionals in British Columbia.
The Hub will centralize current and evidence-based information resources in perinatal and newborn care making it more accessible for health professionals providing high quality, standardized care for pregnant women/individuals, their newborns and their family.
Development of the Hub is in response to care provider requests, and a key priority of the
Maternity Services Strategy.
- Current state assessed (July-August 2021): Extensive clinical end-user engagement, through surveys and focused interviews, helped identify the current state of Perinatal Services BC's information resources (accessibility, format, currency, etc.).
- Requirements established (September - October 2021): Based on feedback from the current state assessment, a list of requirements was developed to inform what would be necessary to meet the needs of clinical end users.
- Phase 1 content (November - March 2022): Writers completed content related to first and second trimester. Facilitated groups of clinical reviewers and subject matter experts provided several rounds of feedback to finalize the content for approval.
- Content creation: (March 2022 - present). External reviews to validate written content. Over 100
information resources at different stages of the content development process.
- Prototype development and user feedback solicited: (March 2022 - September 2022)
- Onboarding product developing consultant: (December 2022 - February 2023)
- Developing minimal viable Hub product: (December 2022 – April 2023)
- Recruiting users and testing minimal viable product: (April - May 2023)
- Iteratively improving the Hub and preparing for launch: (present to end of 2023)
As a perinatal and newborn health-care provider in B.C you can help shape the future of the Hub by reviewing our clinical information resources as a subject matter expert.
for more details.
Get the Hub updates delivered right to your inbox! If you would like to receive news about the Hub initiative, you can subscribe below.