Perinatal Services BC both leads and collaborates with stakeholders to develop and implement initiatives designed to support planning for perinatal health across the continuum. We are committed to ensuring that our planning initiatives intersect with other services and projects to provide true cross-continuum and cross-sector integration.
To deliver optimal, needs-based, and patient-centred care across BC, our system planning processes are grounded in a collaborative, socially accountable, transdisciplinary approach that draws on the collective intellectual and social capital of stakeholders and inherently values the contributions of all disciplines.
Our initiatives include:
- collaborative primary maternity care;
- rural and remote maternity/surgical planning;
- maternal/fetal and neonatal tiers of service;
- classification of mothers and newborns; and
- maternal and newborn transfer.