Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
PSBC does not offer NRP Provider Courses - Please check with the education department at your worksite for information, as we are not notified of upcoming Provider classes.
New NRP Instructor Courses
The courses are intended for expert-level practitioners who are supported by their facility to develop teaching skills in neonatal resuscitation. During the course, participants will:
- Translate the pre-reading material into practice and develop content
- Facilitate skill acquisition
- Evaluate learners in the required components of a NRP Provider Workshop: Skills Stations, Integrated Skills Stations, and Simulation and Debriefing
- Possession of NRP provider status (Lessons 1 to 9) within the past year.
- Practicing physicians, registered nurses, registered midwives, or respiratory therapists with relevant experience in neonatal resuscitation are eligible to apply.
- Other health professionals may be eligible on approval by the BC NRP Instructor Trainer Group.
- Current and relevant neonatal experience.
- Current educational and/or clinical responsibility within the institution.
- Have a sponsoring institution that normally provides NRP courses.
- Be knowledgeable of the Canadian and BC recommendations for practice and current updates.
For more detailed information on the process and requirements, please see Overview of Steps to Become an NRP Instructor.
- CME credits, CRNBC continuing competence credit, Mainpro-C
- Registration in the NRP Instructor database (after completion of demo)
- Member of the BC listserve to help keep instructors current and share strategies
- Networking with other NRP instructors in the province
Register for New NRP Instructor Course
If you meet the prerequisites listed above and are interested in registering, please contact your regional NRP Coordinator or health authority perinatal lead. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- September 22-23 in Abbotsford (FULL)
- October 16-17 in Kelowna
- October 22-23 in Prince George
- March 29-30 in Vancouver
- September 21-22 (Location TBA)